Is this the expected corner performance of Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 II ?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
milek
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: YES, it is expected
In reply to CrisPhoto, 9 months ago

For a 300mm lens your result is not this bad and sending it to Oly will be quite useless.

Thank you for this info, I appreciate it! I have not sent it back yet.  I do not find the behavior of the lens unreasonable (at these focal lengths, center sharpness is the most important for me), it's just that online reviews seem to indicate that the lens should be able to do even better.

You can also compare your impression with the measurments at slrgear.com .

That's exactly where I've been looking and what is confusing me.  I mean, look at this chart:

It is not showing any corner blurriness worth mentioning!

I will try to reshoot my 75mm shot from a slightly greater distance tonight (3m/10ft is the best I can manage in my small apartment) and see if that changes anything, as implied by one of the questions from the first person who responded.

I have test shots for my ex 75-300 Mk1 as well as my 75-300 Mk2. If you want and if I have access to my home-PC I can forward these test photos to you. If you want, send a message to trigger me ...

PM'ed...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow