ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Janbe78
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?
Sony NEX-6 or Olympus E-M10
4 months ago

Hi everyone,

I'm getting tired of having my heavy Nikon D300s around my neck all the time (especially with 2 kids running around ), so I'm looking for a smaller,lighter & more "pocket-able" camera. Probably not as a replacement for the D300S, since I have some portrait lenses I really like using (30mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8). But who knows ...

Features I'd like to get: good picture quality, view finder & fast focus. Shallow depth-of-field is a huge plus too, which can maybe even make me sell my D300s.

I think I nailed down my options to 2: the NEX-6 and the EM-10. They are around the same price, they both seem to have a good viewfinder and they both get excellent reviews. The NEX-6 has a larger sensor, which would be great for portraits (using the 50mm f1.8 lens). But the EM-10 has a larger and cheaper lens selection. (maybe there are some good portrait options too)

So for no I'm really doubting ... which one would you buy and why?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Jan

Nikon D300S Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow