Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
H M Motley
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Tamron 18-250 Lens Creep
7 months ago

Actually it does not creep it gallops!  I recently bought the subject lens on ebay for my A350.  It seems to work OK other than its expected limitations.  Its main problem is it will not hold a zoom setting except at 18 or 250.  At any other setting it will zoom all the way in  at even a slight tilt up or all the way out at a slight tilt down.  That's very annoying to say the least.  I have few old Minolta lenses and a couple of Sony lenses and none are as loose as this Tamron!

My work around has been to insert a small piece of paper folded over 4 times into the space between the zoom tubes being careful to fold it over so it can't be sucked in out of sight or reach. This works but looks pretty "rinky-dink".

Are all Tamron 18-250 lenses this loose?  If so has anyone come with a better fix? Perhaps I should just sell the thing .  I like the idea of a zoom like this even with its optical limitations but it's "loosy-goosy" nature may be a deal breaker for me.

Puck

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha DSLR-A350
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow