ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alpione
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
New Photographer - Just bought first two lenses
4 months ago

Hello all...

First post!  Way back in 2010 I bought a Rebel XSi to take pictures of my young daughter and to learn about cameras.  While I've enjoyed the camera, life got in the way and I never got around to upgrading the kit lens or really learning about photography.  We're about to head to Disney World and have another couple of trips lined up, so I figured it was time to jump in.  After gobs of reading and Youtube viewing, I've learned more in the past week than I had in the past four years.

This all led me to take advantage of the Canon refurb sale this week and I bought two lenses:  the 15-85mm and the cheapo "nifty fifty" 50mm.  I was initially going to get just the 15-85, but decided at the last minute to throw in the 50mm since it's so cheap and I wanted to start learning about managing depth of field and other creative options that need a faster lens.

So I'm excited and the lenses should show up next week.  Thanks to those around here for the discussion and for the tip on the 20% off refurb sale.  Definitely open to any suggestions on getting the most out of these or suggested further reading.

A

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow