Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 2,128Gear list
Like?
Add 6D to m43? Suggestions?
Mar 27, 2014

My 60 year photo history runs the gamut from 620 (old enough to remember?), 110, 35mm, medium format, FF, APS-C, and now m43.  And I've been pretty happy with my m43 gear, but just sold one complete kit.  So I have some cash to either save (wife's suggestions) or get a 6D with 24-105.

I do mostly travel photography, mostly for on line albums and photo books.  I hardly ever print, and if then never big.  And although I like my m43 output, I'm wondering if the FF format will give me some more "punch" and clarity?

So aside from pixel peeping, if I take a travel picture with my GX7 how would it compare if I took the same image with a 6D?  So I'm asking those who have experience with both, will the 6D give me a noticeable better image than a GX7?  If I showed both images to a non-photographer, which would they like better?

Thanks for putting up with my very subjective query.

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow