Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,760Gear list
Like?
Add 6D to m43? Suggestions?
5 months ago

My 60 year photo history runs the gamut from 620 (old enough to remember?), 110, 35mm, medium format, FF, APS-C, and now m43.  And I've been pretty happy with my m43 gear, but just sold one complete kit.  So I have some cash to either save (wife's suggestions) or get a 6D with 24-105.

I do mostly travel photography, mostly for on line albums and photo books.  I hardly ever print, and if then never big.  And although I like my m43 output, I'm wondering if the FF format will give me some more "punch" and clarity?

So aside from pixel peeping, if I take a travel picture with my GX7 how would it compare if I took the same image with a 6D?  So I'm asking those who have experience with both, will the 6D give me a noticeable better image than a GX7?  If I showed both images to a non-photographer, which would they like better?

Thanks for putting up with my very subjective query.

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +5 more
Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow