ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
311w3nt
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
NX300 - No lens output on screen/intermittent freezing
9 months ago

Hi there.
I''ve got an NX300 which I''ve owned for about 5 months and generally it''s preformed well (previously there has been some trouble occasionally when zooming, the screen would judder and could be slow to take photos, but this seemed to remedy itself a couple months ago). However today I turned it on and it took about 5 seconds for the screen to show anything at all, and when it did it wasn''t showing anything through the lens, only a black screen with the usual display output such as shutter speed, aperture etc. When navigating the menu it seems to freeze quite a bit as well, needs battery removal to get past this.

I''ve tried with the standard 20-50mm lens and also the 50-200 zoom lens but still the same issue. I''ve also tried different capture settings (auto, shutter, program etc). Finally I''ve tried factory resetting but again made no difference.

My only thought as to why this might happen is that I''ve been using it in quite hot places recently as I''m travelling the world and in Malaysia at the moment. However I didn''t have much trouble with it in South Africa where it was also very hot.

Any help greatly appreciated, this camera has been a huge part of my round the world trip so far, and ill be devastated if its a hardware issue. It will be difficult to send off to a repair centre as I''m constantly moving and will have to wait to my return to the UK later in the year if I can''t get it working.

Thanks in advance
Elliott

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow