D200 slave flash issue: always fires prematurely (on autofocus)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
G Reid
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
D200 slave flash issue: always fires prematurely (on autofocus)
6 months ago

I have a D200, PocketWizard Plus II remotes, and a Ranger RX flash system.  I have used this system many times with no issues, but it's been in storage for a while during some transitions, and...

When I hook it all up and try to use it, the flash fires when I start to press the shutter (autofocus) but even if I hold the shutter partway down for several seconds and then click, it doesn't fire when I actually take the picture.

I have been fussing with settings for 2 hours now and can't get it to work.  I've tried (I think) everything, including manual focus, all manner of things in the Braket/Flash settings, and everything else I can read on the internet or think up. I've changed all the settngs on the PocketWizards, too. And I'm a software engineer in my other life so I'm pretty methodical about testing and options.

But it just fires prematurely (and uselessly) and it's driving me completely crazy.

Has anybody seen this before, or have any ideas?

Thanks!

Glenn Reid, California

Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow