Is this the expected corner performance of Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 II ?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
milek
Regular MemberPosts: 130
Like?
Re: Is this the expected corner performance of Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 II ?
In reply to jhinkey, 6 months ago

This particular one was at about 1.5m/5ft.  I have taken the same shot at longer focal lengths and correspondingly longer distances, up to 5m/15ft.  All focal lengths show the same problem.

This was shot at home (with the resolution chart taped to the refrigerator) so it's obviously not perfect, but I did strive to align it the best I could.  I estimate a possible misalignment of the chart at maybe +-2mm/0.1" to the front or to the back.  At 75mm and wide open, the DOF calculators give me 4cm/1.5", so that should've been good enough I guess.

No, I did not try to focus on the corners.  If I understand it correctly, the reviewers take measurements based on flat targets, so if they got a good result that way, I figure I should be able to do the same.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow