Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,958Gear list
Like?
Re: SEL351.8 vs. SAL351.8 + LAE2 for Nex 7
In reply to clearzoom, 6 months ago

clearzoom wrote:

rurouni wrote:

I am using a SAL35 with an LAE1. Image quality is on par with my Nikkor 35/2 which is an above average lens.

Suspect that the SEL35 will also be an above average lens. I will be buying it soon as I like the compact size, AF and Image Stabilization. IS will be nice for me when I want to keep my ISO levels low.

Is there problem with sal35 in Nex when we go slow shutter because of not having OSS

Funny to see an old thread renewed.

I have both lenses on the Nex-7, and they are fairly equivalent. I would even give the nod to the SAL35, as it focuses faster and more precise with the LA-EA2 adapter under most circumstances.

If you go wide open, they are about the same, and I prefer the SEL35 with DMF for precise focus.

As to IS, I hardly use it. It is great for video, or long shots of still objects, but with people, I tend to keep SS faster than 1/80th. But, if taking nighttime shots the IS can be handy, if nothing else for focusing.

I do like the SEL35 lens more in the end, but I use it with a PDAF (Nex-6) camera.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow