How long to get D4S from B&H

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,662Gear list
Like?
Re: How long to get D4S from B&H
In reply to sportmaster, 4 months ago

sportmaster wrote:

Last Thursday I bought a D4S from Adorama. I placed the order although the camera was listed as being on back-order. Much to my surprise it shipped the next day. I will have it tomorrow

I checked B&H first and they where only taking "pre-orders".

Same thing happened when I bought a D4 a couple years ago. I was on the B&H waiting list for two months and finally gave-up and started checking Best Buy's site early in the morning. I was able to buy a camera in two days.

I remember reading how people from this forum were still waiting on B&H two months after I got mine.

B&H can't keep up with demand.

Unsophisticated buyers. Especially when a camera is first rolled out, nobody is discounting it anyway so "shopping around for availability can put a camera into your hands quicker than being on B&H's waiting lists. Finding one at a brick and mortar out of state can be fairly easy.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, shooting for pleasure. It is better to have It and not need It than need It and not have It. Various RAW comparisons at Link. Includes 5D3 vs D800E, 5D3 vs. 6D, Zeiss lenses etc. https://app.box.com/s/71w40ita6hrcfghojaie

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow