Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GeraldW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,173Gear list
Like?
E-M10 or GX7???
9 months ago

I'm beginning to see the point of MILC's.  I just sold my Canon 60D and lenses (too big, too heavy) and am considering an M4/3 camera.  The two models mentioned look good in the reviews, and the cost is manageable.  The first two lenses considered would be the Panasonic 14-140, and either the Panasonic 20 f/1.7, or the Olympus 17 f/1.8.

The use of the camera would be mostly for travel; but also some family portraits and group shots, and some shots of my grandkid's ice hockey.

I'd like to hear from folks who have one body or the other, and maybe some with experience with those lenses.

One thing I came across was the vibration caused by the shutter at 1/50 second.  I had not previously heard of that.  The GX7 is supposedly immune from that if the electronic shutter option isused.  Does use of that have other effects?  As in undesireable effects!

The other thing I came across was the tight lens mount on the E-M10.    Quite a few posts on that.  Is there a fix in the works?  It doesn't appear to be random thing, as folks are swapping cameras and finding the same problem.  I had that issue decades ago with a film Nikon and aftermarket multipliers being too tight with Tamron lenses and the Adaptall Mount.  So that's a real issue for me.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot A710 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15
Canon EOS 60D Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow