Is it me or are there a lot of A7 & A7R and FE lenses for resale on FM and other sites?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve W
Regular MemberPosts: 312Gear list
Like?
Is it me or are there a lot of A7 & A7R and FE lenses for resale on FM and other sites?
4 months ago

So I've had my A7R for about a month now and I did get it in a trade.  In filling out a kit I've noticed more lenses and bodies for sale than I would have thought for a camera so young. Are people unhappy with it. Are they selling it because the lens selection is very limited (yes you can adapt anything to it but a lot of people like AF)?

Also, did Sony run some kind of promotion? A lot of people have brand new lenses at discounted prices and they all say it came directly from Sony.

I own a two full size FF Canon DSLRs and a Fuji X-E2 kit so the A7R was and attempt to find a middle ground between the IQ offered by FF and the smaller size of mirrorless. I didn't expect FF lenses for it to be as small as others but Sony/Zeiss could be more forth coming with whats in the pipe. I think they should also decide what type of size they are trying to achieve. I think they could have done a 35mm f/2 for the same size as the 55mm f/1.8 and it would have been great. Also Canon's EF 24mm f/2.8 IS which I've tried with the Metabones adapter is a nice small size. If they took out the IS it may be even smaller.

I guess I hoped/hope Sony will realize that a good family of primes is more in line with this high end sensor that so so zooms. I'm not saying the new 70-200 f/4 is so-so but why no wide angle and portrait lens?

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. So has the blush come off the rose. Have people decided that they don't like what Sony has created?

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7R +28 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow