Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 471Gear list
Like?
Lighten up shadow area
9 months ago

I took this today.  I use LR and PS.  I'd like suggestion as to ways to lighten up the shadow in PS.

I can make a selection and adjust the edge and create another layer from that and then use the ACR filter on that layer to adjust it.  It looks okay but it still doesn't look quite right on the left side of the shadow.  I tried brushing the left edges (of the selection layer) with the negative clarity brush but that didn't look right.

Should I mask the light part of the main image and then create a new layer and lighten the shadow? I'm pretty knowledgeable with LR and parts of PS but the selections and blending and adjusting them I'm still novice at.  Any suggestions or general guidance would be appreciated.

regards, David

This is SOOC, no adjustments.  The eye is sharp.   She's looking at the camera through a fence.

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow