ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marcoventuriniautieri
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Wi-Fi comparison
8 months ago

Hello everybody,

I would like to look at a comparison between the WiFi capabilities of system cameras.  It is very hard to find this type of information, that is often ignored in camera reviews.

I am interested in the possibility of controlling a camera remotely with a smartphone - not just in the transfer of files.

The main cameras that allow this are, as far as I know, not too many: Fuji X-T1, a few Olympus M4/3, a few Panasonic M4/3, Canon 6D and 70D, a few Nikon DSLR (with WiFi adapter).

However, as far as I know, what you can actually do with these models is very different from model to model. For instance, I had the opportunity to test an EOS 6D with my iPhone and I was happy to see that you can really do a lot from the smartphone, even manual focusing! On the other hand, I had a look online at the user's manual of the Nikon WiFi adapter and it would seem that the functionality is much lesser - no manual focusing for instance.

I know very little of the other aforementioned models so I would appreciate to know what you know about this issue: remote control via WiFi

Thanks!

Marco

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow