Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aaron801
Contributing MemberPosts: 560
Like?
Advice on processing and workflow/organization
6 months ago

OK... it looks like I might be doing some work for this guy... a photographer who's traveled all over the world and taken many thousands of really amazing photos on the way. He's a bit of a technophobe though and needs help on the computer end of things.

I use iPhoto for organizing my photos and LightZone for processing (which I really got as a free way to test the waters of this RAW processing thing but really like it). Being that this guy has many photos to process and literally tens of thousands that have already been processed but now need to be properly organized (his files are a mess) and that he has a budget for software, I'm wondering what might be the best solution. I understand that Lightroom has some features for file organization, but are they going to be the best bet for a really, really large library? If not what stand-alone program is going to work better? I think that I'm sold on Lightroom for doing the processing as I've already watched some videos and it looks like a very nice tool (though I still think that LightZone is very cool!), but I'm willing to take suggestions on something even better.

Also, if anyone has any videos, sites, etc to recommend for instruction on how to organize really large libraries of photos (if there's any special techniques or software that work well for this sort of task) I'd love to hear 'em... Thanx!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow