Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BlurredOut
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Nex5r or Nex6? What to keep?
6 months ago

First time posting. Here is my situation.

I went to best buy and found open box NEX-5R with kit lense for $197.00 (pretty much new). I also bought the view finder from Adorama for $150.00

I also found and bought the NEX 6 with kit lense for $399.00 (again pretty much brand new).

The main use I need a camera for is to take family portrait and kids playing. Possibly very little in home studio work.

I need help deciding which one to keep and which one to return. Any suggestions or input would be helpful.

Things I like about the NEX 5R

1. The manual zoom feel/response from the kit lense.
  2. The view finder can articulate and is more comfortable to use then on NEX6
  3. The touch screen is a plus but find myself not using it much.
  4. Manual focus seems easier with 18-55 lense then 16-50 with focus peaking.

Things I like about the NEX 6

1. The build quality seems better.
  2. The kit lense has a smaller profile.
  3. The grip feels better than NEX 5r.
  4. I like that it has OVF/Flash built in. (NEX-5R can only use one attachment at a time)
  5. Regular hot shoe for wireless flash trigger.

I am pretty even 50/50 from choosing and have a hard time deciding which features I will more likely need down the road.

I am in 350.00 for the Nex5r and 400 for the Nex6 so price is mute for me at this point.

If you can provide why one might be better for me rather than the other I would really appreciate your responses. I am looking towards getting another camera early next year. I have my eye on the a6000 or the next Full Frame body that will be announced.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow