Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AarSee
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,425Gear list
Like?
Upon further review..
8 months ago

Earlier this week I lamented about borrowing and using Williams' Sony 70-400 while out on a bird shoot.  I found the lens great and I had a lot of nice photos in the short time I used it.

I went back and reviewed my photos that I shot with my Sigma 120-400 HSM OS.  I have gotten good results in the past and I found a few keepers in this outing as well.

You Lookin' at Me?

Male with bad hair day

Female with worse hair day

Peg leg Sandhill

There are some definite advantages of the Sony such as focus limiter & focus hold buttons.  Not to mention sharp wide open.  But my cheapo Sigma held up OK, for now.  I am keeping my eyes open for a super deal on the Sony if & when it comes available to me.

Had a great time checking out equipment and shooting birds.

I have to recommend to other forum members, if possible, meet up with other shooters in your area, and get out for a photo day.  It is really a treat to "talk shop" with others who share our interests.  I know I will be meeting up with William & George again this year if & when it ever warms up!

Regards,

-- hide signature --

Rick

AarSee's gear list:AarSee's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony a6000 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +12 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow