Calling Experienced Studio Photographers - Your Help Please!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ShootingWhale
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Calling Experienced Studio Photographers - Your Help Please!
4 months ago

Hello DPR Community

I have 'inherited' a mobile studio of sorts and have been trying to hone my skills but I'm finding it really quite difficult to gain firm control of the light and instead I'm finding I'm very limited to High ISO's or very fast shutter speeds (1/200) and very small apertures (f22); I don't think it's helping my lights are so powerful (3x500w Elinchroms but usually only use two with softboxes/umbrellas or combination of the two). My camera is ok (Canon 550D) and I've tried shooting in auto and manual with very little between the two results (Which don't look particularly rich in colour - seem quite bland - I think the lights are too powerful).

I'm doing full length body shots on a textured background (E.g. not just a white paper roll background) so ideally I would like to be able to use a larger aperture so I can draw focus to the subject and create a little blur on the background so the creases/detail is not so prominent.

Hope this all makes sense - I'm extremely grateful for your time in reading and replying to my query.

SW

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow