Will mirrorless camera sensor be damaged by HDR that includes the sun?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
- Ken -
Regular MemberPosts: 415
Like?
Will mirrorless camera sensor be damaged by HDR that includes the sun?
7 months ago

I am considering purchasing a mirrorless system. One of my uses would be to take landscape photographs. I sometimes photograph scenes that include the sun using the HDR technique. When the sun is part of the composition, I will not use my current camera's (Canon 5D MKII) live view feature when composing the scene since Canon warns against exposing the sensor directly to the sun for a length of time. Because of this I am wondering what the experience and knowledge is of photographers who utilize mirrorless cameras, such as the A7, A7r, Nex 7, A6000, using the HDR technique and also include the sun in their composition.

If I understand the mirrorless technology, the camera is in live view mode all of the time, which could allow the sensor to be exposed to the sun for an extended period of time. Or do I misunderstand how the mirrorless technology works?

I am concerned about damaging the sensor of a mirrorless camera when doing HDR. I would appreciate any thoughts or comments.

-- hide signature --

Enjoy the light,
Ken
http://www.ioscapes.com/

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow