is the d610 right for me?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,405Gear list
Like?
Re: is the d610 right for me?
In reply to JayGoesToJapan, 6 months ago

I would ask your friend what he/she shoots with so that you can borrow their lenses and other accessories while you are out there. e.g. if they are shooting with a D800 level camera, that is what i would get. Later on, if you decide to go out on your own afterwards, you can think about what system/camera.

JayGoesToJapan wrote:

Hey there guys! I'm hoping for some professional advice. I am a a Canadian male who has always had a passion for photography and am currently planning a move to japan to pursue my passion. I have a good friend who is a professional photographer who is a Canadian living in japan, and has offered to teach me his techniques and work with him in a few shoots. I have a intermediate level of knowledge of photography, having owned a few Nikon SLRs though my years. At the moment I am cameraless, and in my preparation for my tutelage, i have decided to invest in a good quality camera. He shoots with a Nikon d800 and recommended I look at that, and I have the budget for such a camera, but I feel like that it may be too much for what I am looking to use it for. My primary shooting interests are but not limited to: nature landscape, nightscape, fashion and street, club and concerts, food, action sports, urban cityscapes, architecture and design. I think full frame is necessary, as i have some professional opportunities in canada that will require good gear. I am open to new ideas, and would like to hear some outside opinions!

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow