Are you worried about light leak in your X-T1?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,102Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you worried about light leak in your X-T1?
In reply to photo perzon, 6 months ago

My TX1 - SN: 27XX has the issue, big time.  I'm not "worried" about it because I don't (or at least have not yet) done the sorts of photography with the camera where the light leak becomes a problem.  Nor, am I especially concerned about the effect of the problem on resale value, because it is very rare I sell camera equipment.

However, I did buy and pay for a product without manufacturing defects and that's not what I got (an honest error for sure, but still a significant defect).  Also, I buy through Amazon because they stand behind what they sell. I've bought tons of stuff through Amazon (when you live in the sticks, mail order is how one shops), but have never returned or exchanged anything before.  Nonetheless, the ability to do that if there is a problem is part of what I pay for with Amazon.

Therefore, I have commenced the exchange process with Amazon.  I am hoping to get the new body (hopefully not in the affected serial number range) before I must send in my existing TX1 body in late April.  That way I won't be without the use of the camera (I hope).

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow