Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
T O Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,017Gear list
Like?
According to Nikon Canada, D800 and D4 AF modules are NOT the same
7 months ago

I have a D800e ( previously a D800 ) and a D4. It has always been my opinion that the D800 and D4 AF systems are not the same. A lot of fellows on here took the position that they both have the same AF Advanced Multi-cam 3500, and that Nikon would not make two different versions and that any difference would be in the software.

Well this morning I called Nikon Canada and told them I wanted to have them install the D4 AF module in my 800 ( actually 800e but I said 800 )  The fellow checked and said it could not be done. I probed him for more info and tried to find out why it couldn't be done. He done some more checking for me and said that it's a different part number, different module to camera connection, and that the module itself is different. Even though they are both Advanced Multi-Cam 3500AF they are not the same, they are not interchangeable.  I called NikonUSA, and while I could not get as much info, the fellow checked it out and told me they could not put the D4 AF in a D800 for me.  So much for the "commonality parts" theory!

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow