Canon 500D filter is here! FZ200 test shots with my toad Gwen...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nicodimus22
Senior MemberPosts: 1,019Gear list
Like?
Canon 500D filter is here! FZ200 test shots with my toad Gwen...
7 months ago

First, thanks to everyone for helping me make the decision to get the 58mm Canon 500D a few days ago. The filter, 55-58 step-up ring, and LA7 tube all went together easily. I'm finding the focal range of this setup to be 13 to 19 inches.

Once I put it together, I grabbed my toad Gwen out of her spacious terrarium for a few test shots. I didn't include anything for reference size, but she is a young toad slightly over 2 inches long. You might think she is 4+ inches long from the first photo, but that is not the case. No flash was used in these photos, just window light.

Here we go:

In the last shot, you can see me looking very bored in the reflection. I'll have to strike a pose next time...I didn't know that I would show up.

I'm pleased with this combination. I mean, for a $400 camera with a small sensor and a +2 filter, I don't know that you could expect much better than this. I'm sure that a DSLR with a dedicated macro lens would do better, but would probably cost at least 4 times as much. I appreciate bang-for-the-buck, and this camera and filter seem to deliver a lot of it.

nicodimus22's gear list:nicodimus22's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow