Canon 500D filter is here! FZ200 test shots with my toad Gwen...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nicodimus22
Senior MemberPosts: 1,199Gear list
Like?
Canon 500D filter is here! FZ200 test shots with my toad Gwen...
11 months ago

First, thanks to everyone for helping me make the decision to get the 58mm Canon 500D a few days ago. The filter, 55-58 step-up ring, and LA7 tube all went together easily. I'm finding the focal range of this setup to be 13 to 19 inches.

Once I put it together, I grabbed my toad Gwen out of her spacious terrarium for a few test shots. I didn't include anything for reference size, but she is a young toad slightly over 2 inches long. You might think she is 4+ inches long from the first photo, but that is not the case. No flash was used in these photos, just window light.

Here we go:

In the last shot, you can see me looking very bored in the reflection. I'll have to strike a pose next time...I didn't know that I would show up.

I'm pleased with this combination. I mean, for a $400 camera with a small sensor and a +2 filter, I don't know that you could expect much better than this. I'm sure that a DSLR with a dedicated macro lens would do better, but would probably cost at least 4 times as much. I appreciate bang-for-the-buck, and this camera and filter seem to deliver a lot of it.

nicodimus22's gear list:nicodimus22's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 +3 more
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow