ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cteavin
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
How to simulate daylight with speedlights
5 months ago

Hi,

I have SB-700, 2 SB-R200, and the SU-800 wireless commander along with a couple of stands and soft boxes for strobe, reflectors and umbrellas. I do mostly macro, still life, and food work. I was hoping someone could recommend some books, online tutorials, or perhaps even YouTube videos which could teach me how to fine tune my lighting and angles to simulate sunlight.

What I would like to do set up studio shots of, say, breakfast as if it were by a window, or lunch as if it were on a terrace. Ideally, I would like to do this with a strobe set up, but I am open to purchasing some less expensive continuous lighting, preferably cool lighting.

So if there are opinions on how I can accomplish realistic natural light for still life and food with strobes, or suggestions on other less expensive lighting sources (fresnels are way out of my budget) or equipment, please let me know. Also, I'd appreciate any educational resources you could tell me about.

Thanks,

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow