Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Craig76
Regular MemberPosts: 244Gear list
Like?
FF Wide Angle Lens considerations?
9 months ago

I doubt there is anything in my price range that I haven't given a good look at over the past two months, but I'm in the market for a wide angle FF lens for my Canon 6d.  My budget tops out at about $900 (preferably closer to $700)  I need it to take filters, 77mm preferably since I already have a lot invested in 77mm filters.

This of course got me looking at the Canon 17-40 f/4.  It fits the specs I need and is weather sealed.  Until the 29th Canon is doing a $100 rebate, which brings the price down to $739 after rebate through B&H.  I've read a lot of review and looked at a lot of test shots (pixel peeper and other places) and it looks like a solid lens, I'm just not that impressed with the sharpness.

I doubt that there is anything in my price range that fits the specs I'm looking for, (ruled out the Tokina 17-35 due to 82mm filter size, lack of weather sealing and flare issues) other than the Canon 17-40 f/4.  I just thought I would ask incase there is something I'm overlooking.

If anyones got any suggestions before I pull the trigger I'm all ears.  Thanks.

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow