Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Redlegvzv
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
Nikon 18-300 versus 28-300
6 months ago

I am looking for a high-quality and versatile "walk around" lens.  I have a high quality lens for portraits, so I am covered there (24-70 F/2.8) and I have a dedicated wildlife lens, so I am covered there (70-200 VR1 F/2.8).  Looking for a lens I can use all day.  I had and liked the 18-200VR but my daughter has confiscated it so I need a replacement.  By the way I am using it on a Nikon D5300 and I am committed to the DX format so that is not an issue.

I would really appreciate informed opinions as between the 18-300 and the 28-300.  Both of these seem like great candidates for my selection and I am having difficulty differentiating between them.  Obviously the 18mm gives you more flexibility, but is there a significant IQ issue?  How is the bokeh in these two lenses?  I will be buying off Amazon so I do not have the chance to experiment.  All informed comments welcome.

-- hide signature --

Redlegvzv

Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow