Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wadia13
Forum MemberPosts: 90
Like?
Sony APS-C E-Mount lens options for general all-purpose
7 months ago

Did some research into new A6000 and it seem like an incredible camera. Then I looked at the lens options...

Firstly, the Power Zoom 16-50 kit lens: what is the point of power zoom? The zoom ring feels incredibly cheap and jarring, difficult to fine tune and with lag. For a DSLR user, this power zoom is shocking in a bad way. I suppose the transition for P&S users will feel much more natural. But is Sony trying to attract DSLR users or P&S users?

I suppose the older 18-55 kit lens for NEX may be a better option but its not being bundled with the A6000 in my local market, which defeats the price advantage of bundled kit lens.

As for the Zeiss 16-70, granted this has gotten better reviews but at US$1,000 or there about, doesn't seem like a great value. If one is willing to stick with the bigger/heavier ecosystem of Canon APS-C for example, there are cheaper options for general all-purpose zoom lens. Starting with the 18-55 STM which seems like great value for money.

So basically, as a Canon APS-C DSLR user looking to make the move into mirrorless, it seems I should still wait for a few more years. I've also looked at Panasonic/Olympus MFT but have reservations about those for other reasons.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow