Camera Munufacturers, please stop...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Ken Croft
Contributing MemberPosts: 738Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera Munufacturers, please stop...
In reply to GeraldW, 9 months ago

GeraldW wrote:

Ken,

Just get a Fuji X-100S.

The Canon 350D (Rebel XT over here) was a very good camera, and the 18-125 Sigma was not "a cheap lens"; it was quite good. However, mine was out-performed by my S70 and a Canon Pro 1; both small sensor models. Currently, I have an S95, and it performs quite well for me. Are you using the S95 in Auto? They don't do well in Auto - try Program. I also have the 60D, and I don't find it shames my G15 or even my Panasonic FZ200.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Fuji X100S is not a camera that fits into my pockets. But I am sure it is a wonderful camera.

My 350D in its day certainly was a nice camera. My Sigma 18-125 was cheap in the uk and was an ok lens. Maybe my copy was not the best.

No I do not use my S95 on auto. Why would I do that? I love the little S95. Most of my current pictures are taken with it. I have only a very small gallery of 17 images on dpr but 6 of them were taken with the S95, which is always with me.

Ken from the UK now in France

Ken Croft's gear list:Ken Croft's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow