Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gregbartgis
Regular MemberPosts: 245Gear list
Like?
How didi I ruin my SD cards?
9 months ago

On two occasions using two different makes of SD card - Mushkin and Transcend - I've somehow managed to ruin both - I think. I'm fairly certain it's my own fault. One (I think the Transcend) I'd used several times. I'm in the habit of reformatting them after transferring the images to my computer. After the transfer is complete the computer (iMac - using iPhoto) gives me the option of saving or deleting images on the card. I chose to delete. Then I installed the card in the camera and reformatted in camera - just to make sure it was completely wiped. I've done this numerous times, but at some point one card gave a card error warning in the camera. I tried the card in another camera and got the same. I switched to a new card (Mushkin), used it, transferred images a time or two and this card, too, gave the same error warning.  I'm now keeping images on the card and reformatting in camera only. Did I cause the cards to go bad - or are they defective?

-- hide signature --

The elimination of the mirror has introduced a new concept into the interchangeable lens digital camera market - compactness (kind of what happened when Oscar Barnach created the Leica).

gregbartgis's gear list:gregbartgis's gear list
Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +44 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow