High speed sync with off camera flash

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Phil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,407Gear list
Like?
Re: High speed sync with off camera flash
In reply to Nikonparrothead, 1 month ago

Nikonparrothead wrote:

Really, so you're getting 1/400 before it starts pulsing? Good to know. I have a couple of friends with Canons and PW TTLs but they don't mess around with HSS that much.

I've been using mine almost exclusively with a Quadra S head. Sunday I got some wonderful 1/2500 of a second for fill, so I could shoot at F2. I did so so at higher speeds at full power shooting into the sun.

-- hide signature --

'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

Yes. The 5D MKIIs are pretty pedestrian on on sync speed. My 7D (which is going up for sale soon) has a 1/250th sync speed and I've pushed it to 3x or 1/750th.

I'm also parting with an AB1600 and plan to get a second Einstein 640 in it's place. I wan't sure the Pocket Wizard PowerMC2 would show back up in the market after the recent snag but B&H took an order today and showed it as in stock.

-- hide signature --

Phil Agur
5DMKII - 5DMKII Dual Body Bag - Go 'L' and don't look back!
PW MiniTT1/AC3 w/ 5X FlexTT5, AC9 & PowerMc2

Phil's gear list:Phil's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow