Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chrisada
Regular MemberPosts: 126Gear list
Like?
Is X-E1 a good starting point?
8 months ago

I am looking forward to try my hand on Fuji X system. I have been debating for quite sometime whether the lenses are too big and heavy, coming from Micro Four Thirds. The only way to tell, it seems, is to try it out for a while.

If I am to make a full switch, I will likely get the X-E2 and replace my Panasonic GX7. But since I am not selling off my MFT gears just yet, I am looking for a more affordable entrance to the X camp. I can find quite a lot of used X-E1 with 18-55 kit for around $650, which seem reasonable.

My question is regarding the difference in sensor and autofocus speed comparing the X-E1 and the newer models, e.g. X-E2 and X-T1. How big of a difference there is?

If I am evaluating the system for a potential switch, I don't want to do it on a last generation models since my MFT gears can be considered quite current.

Thanks!

Chrisada's gear list:Chrisada's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow