I Returned the K3

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
DRabbit
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,578Gear list
Like?
Re: I Returned the K3
In reply to Wallace Ross, 6 months ago

Wallace Ross wrote:

Well the Panasonic GH3 has an electronic shutter that people seem to like for timelapse. Don't get me wrong I like my K-3 but if your burning through cameras like that it's going to be more economical to get a different tool.

The GH3 uses a mechanical shutter, but has a mode/setting where you can choose to shoot with electronic shutter only... You can't do any high ISO with just the electronic shutter (from what I understand). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The shutter life on the mechanical GH3 shutter isn't officially rated, but rumor says it's between 50,000 and 100,000. So, no better.

As for cost... I'll quote myself: The K5-II/K5-IIs is about $1000 body... not a $2500. More expensive than a $300 camera, but cheaper than some higher-end DSLRs. Spending $799 + $900 (if not covered under warranty), doesn't seem unreasonable to me in a year for one camera body that gets very heavy-duty use.

Amy

-- hide signature --

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
on Google+... on Twitter... on Facebook
My PAD Project and My Gallery

DRabbit's gear list:DRabbit's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica M8 Pentax K-5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow