Best telephoto lens for D3200 for outdoor/indoor sports?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bpgsxr750
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Best telephoto lens for D3200 for outdoor/indoor sports?
4 months ago

I'm fairly new to DSLR photography. I've been doing numerous hours of reading and research and trying to find some personal inputs from others on a telephoto lens to get. I have a 50mm 1.8g that I enjoy and use for some indoor events but I'd like a longer zoom for basketball. I also take photos for soccer as well. I've been torn between a few lenses.  The 55-200mm lens that came with the D3200 kit just don't cut it in IQ to me for outdoor sports.  I've been really keen on getting the Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR 1 but after doing more reading the Tamron and Sigma don't seem to bad also.  Also checked on DXoMark scores and they score well for the D3200 especially the Sigma 50-150mm(but was worried how fast the AF is).  Plus I don't really know how to justify the scores on DSoMark on sharpness PMPixx.  I don't see myself upgrading to a newer body for a while as I just got the D3200 during Christmas.  Also did some reading on the Nikon 70-200 F4 which I read is very good but I also like having the lower stop at 2.8.

Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8g AF-S VR I

Tamron 70-200mm 2.8g SP Di VC

Sigma 50-150mm /2.8 APO EX DC OS HSM (not sure if this one is 1.5x crop mode on DX body or if it stays the actual 50-150mm)

Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG APO OS HSM

Thanks for the help and any suggestions.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow