Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OldGuyHawki
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
What to do, new lens or new camera
6 months ago

I have been checking out this board for a while, but this is my first post. I have a D5100 that I enjoy using for my grandsons baseball and my granddaughters dance. My main option is the 5100 with a Nikon 55-300, I also just picked up a Nikon 18-200 which I have not had a chance to use for either sport.  My pictures last summer were OK, but looking for something that focuses quicker/better for the baseball and better with the low light of the dance. Should I keep the 5100 and upgrade to the 70-200 F4, or go with my lenses and get a D5300 or D7100, not sure what would be the best bang for the buck. Thanks in advance for any help.

OldGuyHawki's gear list:OldGuyHawki's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon D5100 Nikon D5300 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow