Which sites do you most trust for camera and lens evaluations and reviews?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Which sites do you most trust for camera and lens evaluations and reviews?
8 months ago

There has been recent discussion one individual's photo website. This brought up the question of which sites folks here trust for camera and lens reviews. I tend to look at as many sites as possible based on a search for the camera or lens I think I might be interested in. Here are a few, not in any particular order. Of course the weight I assign to each site varies with the degree of trust based on experience with the site and correlation with other site reviews. I might search on Nikon 300 f4 or 80-400 AFS to see some sample images.

Typically I would visit DPreview reviews (who here would deny this site), DPreview forums (with care), DXOmark and photo.net. I might also visit Brad Hill Natural Art, Nikonians, photozone.de, ephotozine, Thom Hogan, Bjorn Rhoslett, Fred Miranda or Ken Rockwell.

I'm ready to get dumped on for some of sites I've listed, but I'm also hoping to learn what sites to you value. There are many sites that are clearly useless reprints of just manufacturer's info.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow