Selling off my DX gear... considerations?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
joeybob
Contributing MemberPosts: 540Gear list
Like?
Selling off my DX gear... considerations?
9 months ago

Hello,

I am now moving over the hump so to say. I have a full FX kit and I am now considering selling off two thirds of my DX gear to help fund some other purchases.

I'll be parting with 2 D300 bodies, an MB-D10, a D200 and MB D200 and a number of DX lenses. The stuff is all in good used condition. (I'll retain a single D300, MB D10 and a lens or two - 10.5 f2.8 and 35 1.8 maybe a Tamron 17-50 2.8).

I guess I know the answer to some of the questions I'm about to ask but I am also looking for input, suggestions and experience. Ideally I'd like to maximize my profit.

I know that if I were to trade my DX stuff in I'd be lucky to get ~1/3 of what it would sell for if I were to sell privately so I'm likely not going to go to KEH or B/H and do something like that. That said, there is e-bay and craigslist.

I realize that there are risks associated with either route (ebay and CL) and my guess is that I may sell quicker via ebay but may get a few $$$ more on CL. Any insights suggestion experience pros/cons with either of these routes? (If selling via CL I'll only do so in cash @ a public place.)

2nd thought... Sell as a "lot" or sell individually? Again, there are some quick things that come to mind. I'd probably maximize my income by selling individually but the lot may be more attractive to someone (maybe?).

Anyone else have selling experience? If so, I'd be curious to hear how you fared, what your experience was and any first hand tips or suggestions.

Thanks

joeybob's gear list:joeybob's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +30 more
Canon PowerShot D10 Nikon D200 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow