Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FredT2
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
I'm not having much success with E-M1 video
6 months ago

I've long wanted to have a camera that would allow me to dabble in video. I had hoped my Canon 7D would allow me to do that, but it was far to hard for me to use for video. The GH3 tempted me, but I didn't find it quite good enough to dump my Canon gear. The E-M1 was finally a camera that I felt would satisfy my as a stills camera and also let me do some video. Yes. I read the reviews that pointed out its video shortcomings, but I also read many that claimed that the magical IBIS could make up for a lot, particularly for hand-held video. Well, I have little to complain about when the camera is stationary, but any kind of panning up, down, or sideways, even when done very slowly, results in video that is very jerky and blurry. What I don't know is whether this is due to some fundamental flaw in my technique or that this is just the way it is with this camera. If anyone has any tips or insights I would very much appreciate hearing them.

Canon EOS 7D Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow