david vella wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

david vella wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

david vella wrote:

david vella wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

david vella wrote:

A true meaningful successor to the D700 would require the D4s innards in the small body option, ditto a D300s update scaled to DX.

The D800 already has the D4 innards. Just the high MP sensor that the EXPEED can't clear the data off so fast. The D800 shutter, mirror and AF work fine at 6FPS and very likely faster than that (since they appear to use the same components as the D4)

-- hide signature --

Bob

The D4s sensor is what would define a D700 replacement, the rest is gravy.

Think that option went with the Df - Nikon decided to do it a different way.

-- hide signature --

Bob

The Df is a not a D700 replacement for so many well documented reasons.

Of course not, but there is no law that says that Nikon has to make a linear 'replacement' of any model in their range. The point is with a four (and a half) model FX range, there is almost no chance of them deciding to make a fifth, they can only partition the market so many ways. So, they took a different tack with the Df.

Four and half model FX range is the problem . Less done right - not, this will do, it's good enough for the mass market and they should be forever grateful.

IMHO it is another cynical Nikon marketing/bean counter department raid on the Nikon parts bin with knobs on.

It stumbles trying meet its stated design criteria. , The budget wasted on the disingenuous ad campaign could have been put to better use producing a worthy' real tool' Nikon, instead of an unsatisfactory mashup, a Frakenfreak dead end body. RANT OVER !!

I'm personally not a big fan of the Df myself, it isn't a camera that I'd ever buy, and in some ways it's just plain silly - but apparently its doing OK for Nikon.

I do not know the sales figures , but I would be surprised, at the current crazy UK price, if the Df were doing that well here.

I suppose there are some,with more cash than sense, who are prepared to pay over the odds to access the older D4 sensor in anything that isn't a D4 - despite fundamental shortcomings in the Df that a company with Nikon's history should be embarrassed to be responsible for including by design.

-- hide signature --

Bob

from what i'm seeing here on this forum..those that have the df..and actually shoot with one..LOVE the camera for it's excellent iq AND best low light high iso performance...those that dont have the df have "embraced the hate"..if the df is not to your liking..dont discourage others..yeah it's that simple

-- hide signature --

nikonshooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
sRAWNew
GripNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow