Looking for basic photo editing software (for PC) that allows saturation adjustment

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ken5244
Regular MemberPosts: 222
Like?
Looking for basic photo editing software (for PC) that allows saturation adjustment
5 months ago

Hey, All,

A friend of mine has an HP OfficeJet 6300 inkjet printer (AIO). This particular model came out circa 2006, and the software that came with it included HP Image Zone. I recently helped him upgrade his PC from Windows XP to Windows 7 Pro. HP has a driver package for this computer that is compatible with Windows 7, except they've done away with Image Zone. It's been replaced by "HP Photo Creations," which my friend hates.

I've tried various workarounds to get Image Zone to work, including installing XP Mode, but everything I could come up with is too convoluted and too much of a hassle for my friend (he's elderly).

Basically, he just needs basic photo editing software that includes the ability to adjust saturation (along with the usual basic things like brightness, contrast, and red-eye removal). The newest version of Photosmart Essentials (that's compatible with Win 7) has done away with the saturation adjustment, so that's out. I think Photoshop Elements might be TOO much for him, so I was wondering if there's an even more-basic software program out there I could install for him instead. Free would be great, but he's willing to spend a little money. He's one of these elderly people that has very little patience, so he wants something that's simple & intuitive to work with. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow