Setting the INTERVAL TIMER on a D800.....

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JP Scherrer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,909
Like?
Setting the INTERVAL TIMER on a D800.....
7 months ago

I needed to use my D800 Interval Timer function, but it seems that there's a problem !

As the procedure looks rather complicated, I checked the D800 Manual and, better IMO, the Thom Hogan D800 Guide !

I followed the procedure as described: I went to SHOOTING MENU > INTERVAL TIMER SHOOTING.

I first moved the Direction Pad (from now on called DP) to NOW, then used the UP/DOWN DP to go to the Interval time, set the time between shots. As I wanted to use 30" sec. shots, I set the interval to 32" sec., to leave enough time for the camera to compute the image.
Then I used the RIGHT side of the DP to go to the next entry screen. There I set 999 - 1 and got = 0999, to ensure a maximum of shots ! Finally, I pressed again the RIGHT side of the DP to continue...

The system got back to the START screen, where I pressed the UP/DOWN DP to chose ON ! ...but nothing happened: I just can't get the selection to move from OFF to ON !
I tried to vary the figures in the different choices, but in the end, the results were allways the same: I just can't get the damn selection to move up !

Here's some images of the different steps:

The following images have been shot with a Nikon V1 + Nikkor VR 10-100 f/4.5-5.6 (non-PD)

Have I been doing something wrong or is my D800 faulty ?

Please help.......

Thanks in advance !

J-P.

Photo Galleries at http://www.pbase.com/scherrer
Spherical Panoramas (360x180 degrees) at http://www.360cities.net/profile/jps
Equipment list in profile

Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow