ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ruicarv79
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
EOS Remote upload to Facebook - poor photo quality
9 months ago

Hi guys,

Yesterday I was playing with my 6D and with the EOS Remote app for Android.

The idea was to transfer some photos from my 6D to my Android mobile and then share it on Facebook.

Everything worked just fine. In few minutes I had several photos shared on Facebook. The problem was the photo quality... OMG! So... How to say this without being rude... Horrible?

I've had problems before with Facebook in regards to this. Not that I couldn't upload photos or anything like that but the quality of the photos was always so awful!

I learned that the resize was the problem. So I always resize to 960px (long side) before uploading to Facebook.

The problem here is that I do not have 960px size available in my 6D RAW-JPEG conversion. I have used the 720px and 1920px options (I believe S2 and S3 JPEG sizes available in the 6D). Neither gave me good results.

What do you guys usually do in this situation?

Anyone else struggling with this too?

Anyone out there with a good procedure?

Best regards,

Rui

ruicarv79's gear list:ruicarv79's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow