Upgrade 2 zoom lenses to single Pana 14-140 ... or not?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maggiemole
Regular MemberPosts: 406
Like?
Upgrade 2 zoom lenses to single Pana 14-140 ... or not?
7 months ago

I'm getting very tempted to trade in my older zoom lenses for a single walkaround. The Panasonic 14-140mm looks more attractive than the Olympus 14-150 (lighter, and I have two Lumix cameras, the GX7 and the G3, so a lens with stabilisation is preferable).

The older lenses are the Panasonic 14-45mm, the good one which got withdrawn, and the Olympus M-Zuiko 40-150mm. Both are good, lightweight lenses and I have no complaints about their performance. But ....

I don't at all mind changing lenses when I need a prime, for DoF reasons or low light reasons, but I really am fed up with having to change zooms just to get the framing right. To say nothing of having to carry the second zoom around all day, just in case I need it. Am I going to miss anything on the older zooms if I sell them? Or is this just a no-brainer?

I'd appreciate your thinking.

Maggie

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow