Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dick Ginkowski
Senior MemberPosts: 1,863Gear list
Like?
First day with X-E2 -- definitely NOT good :(
7 months ago

I was surprised a day early with delivery of the Fuji X-E2 with the XF 18-55mm lens which was promptly shipped from the dealer (Vistek-Toronto). The good news stops there. Upon opening the package I found two boxes inside. One was the kit box for the X-E2. The other was a separate box for the XF 18-55mm lens. This seemed peculiar in that there is supposed to be a lens inside the kit box. When I opened the kit box the lens was missing (the lens hood was in the box), the warranty card was missing, the camera body was smudged and the wrapper was opened, the CD appeared to have been opened and the same for some of the accessories in the box. It was pretty evident that I did not receive a "new" product and the absence of the lens from the box was very troubling. This is the first professional grade Fuji product I've purchased but how can I trust Fuji when something like this happens? I spent several hours on the phone with the dealer over this issue. Instead of having a camera to use I had to drive to a FedEx office to return it. They have my money -- I do not have the camera kit. They mentioned something about perhaps not having one in stock but then somehow one was located. (I had suggested that they could have sent out a black XE-2 body as I already had the lens.) Will it also be a used product or a demo? What compensates me for the hours I've spent trying to rectify this situation that never should have happened in the first place?

Dick Ginkowski's gear list:Dick Ginkowski's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 +20 more
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow