Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elandreth
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Lenses for Large Landscape Prints
6 months ago

M mount lenses are great, along with small rangefinder cameras or MILCs, for my use: shooting landscapes deep in the wilderness that require me to hike 40km/25mi with 2.5km/8000ft of elevation gain (and loss) in a day. I really appreciate the small form factor with high IQ that these lenses provide. Since I do actually print A1 sometimes, I'm wondering which lenses are known for being the sharpest, corner to corner, when stopped down and shot at infinity.

Most M mount discussions and examples I find online are for street, wedding, and event photography, and that seems to be what most people think of when they hear "Leica". But to me, these cameras and lenses are perfect for landscapes shot on a tripod, where AF and IS have little use. I usually carry three primes with me and am interested in a variety of focal lengths, and even the "large" rangefinder lenses are nothing in size compared to DLSR lenses. So which M lenses, Leica, Zeiss, or Voigtlander, have you found to be sharp and detailed into the corners when shot with f/5.6-f/16 at infinity?

Elandreth's gear list:Elandreth's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Phase One Capture One Pro +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow