Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paulnelson88
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Nikon D4s my first test subject
6 months ago

Just sold my Nikon D4 and picked up the new Nikon D4s today. As soon as I got home I set up the camera, put my Nikon 70-200mm VR2 lens on, and used my kid and dog as test subjects!

I have not edited any of these photos they are loaded into Lightroom shot in Jpeg. Firing away at 11fps the camera did not miss focus on my dog once. The D4 would miss about 2-4 of these shots. I know this is not an accurate test but I would say that the camera does seem to lock quicker and stay focused better.

I have a big event I will be shooting this weekend. It is the Gorge 50K/100K Ultra Marathon up here in Oregon. The weather looks like rain and very dark conditions plus heavily wooded trails. I have over 500 runners to capture in the dark and during the day. I would say that this upcoming race will put the camera to the test.

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon D4 Nikon D4s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow