Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joseph
Senior MemberPosts: 1,102Gear list
Like?
Just got a Df!
8 months ago

I picked up a black Df body late last week from a local (Canadian) dealer @ a good price. Went out for a spin on Sunday with my new camera and my 35mm f/1.4 AIS Nikkor (I did bring a couple of primes along but it was a bit too cold & windy for me to change lenses :-D). All settings on the Df are still factory defaults except I have set the exposure compensation 1/3 stop under. I shot RAW and all files are imported by LR 5. All are untouched except for a couple that I pulled the details out of the shadows in LR. Haven't had a chance to test out the low light capability but so far so good in broad daylight.

I am no expert but a couple of observations so far:

1. The Df seems to produce a slightly more vibrant picture even with RAW compare to my D800.
  2. It is slightly easier to manual focus with the Df viewfinder compare to D800. I have read about this for the last four months or so: some say yes, some say no. Is it just my imagination?

BTW, while I was shooting with the Df I noticed that I drew a lot less attention. It is like I am with my (now sold) Olympus m4/3, Sony NEX or P&S. Grant that I usually have my D800 with the battery grip installed but the Df is not really that compact. What gives?

Joseph's gear list:Joseph's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D70 Nikon D1X Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D800 +44 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow