When am I going to get a larger pixel Canon?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
t.c. marino
Contributing MemberPosts: 619
Like?
Re: When am I going to get a larger pixel Canon?
In reply to NewForce, 9 months ago

NewForce wrote:

jglaser757 wrote:

I know this topic has been discussed, but I am so tired of waiting.. I could switch to Nikon, but I like canon..I have the 5dmk iii but its not enough when I want enlarge a print..I have been waiting patiently like the rest of us for news, but nothing comes.. Meanwhile, Nikon keeps updating their camera's. I know the argument of not needing the extra pixels and the memory storage etc..but what is canon waiting for..They had the best camera EVER in the 5d mk II..And I love it,, but I need more pixels..

-- hide signature --

Jon

You're only asking a third of a question. The correct one you should have ask,

When am I going to get larger pixel Canon, newer even higher resolution L lenses and I don't mind 3rd party sensor on my Canon FF camera.

Even Nikon latest flagship the D4s go ONLY 16MP. I've think Nikon R&D are smart, the only time they go momentary blinded to believed DR is everything was with the D800/800e/D610 (and some other models, including D600 which was banned in China) which come with a 3rd party Sony sensor.

Without a doubt, Nikon did come close and world no.2, after combining the power from world no.X Sony. Hey.. if you care, they are world no.1 in sensor VOLUME, (together with smartphones sensor volume?).

-- hide signature --

Kenny

..so why did magic lantern release firmware for 5d3 with "vodoo"technology to "increase dr to d800/800e levels

-- hide signature --

nikonshooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow