Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
adamcircle
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Why does everyone hate Ken Rockwell?
7 months ago

I want to talk about something that is pretty important to me and has been bugging me for a while. I made an account for just this purpose. I just read a post on this site in which people hated on Ken Rockwell. In this one instance, he said that the 10 with arrows around it on Nikon lenses means that you will have to throw it out after ten years, when what it really meant was that China regulates the materials in it or whatever.

In this instance, it is clear that he made a mistake. The article was changed.

What I do not understand, however, is why all of his other articles receive so much hate. I have searched the title of this post in Google already, don't send me to another thread, because I have already read the one on this site and one on another site. What I mainly saw though, were comments on his writing style and forgetfulness and less on his photography advice. I actually really like his writing style, he comes across to me as authentic and carefree.

Could all you Ken haters point of specific misinformation regarding photography? I know that he exaggerates some things and says that certain lenses are the best ever. I don't read his site because I want to read a textbook, I enjoy his writing style, and anyone with even a little intelligence knows the difference between hyperbole and fact.

The reason this has been bothering me is that I read his entire website last summer when my family and I were at the beach. I am not an idiot and I didn't feel like I was being manipulated or mislead at all in his writings. I learned a lot and the improvements in my photography were huge and immediate, and I can't understand why someone that helped me so much can be hated by so many.

Thank you.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow