Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
inlawbiker
Contributing MemberPosts: 796Gear list
Like?
I'm hooked, now what.
5 months ago

I started shooting my kids' sports and family stuff maybe 7 years ago. I learned a lot in the early days with manual focus primes because I couldn't afford a fast zoom. Slowly I have moved up the chain from entry level gear, now I use a D7000 and 80-200 2.8 AF-D (two-ring version).

I don't know what to say except that this lens is awesome. The other parents want to buy my photos and now people are calling me a "photographer." It's kind of funny to me. I have a lot to learn, and I still learn something every time I go out.

So, what is the 'magic' standard zoom? I suppose I have to buy the 24-70 2.8G next.  I'm ready to throw my 18-200 out the window now that I see the results side by side.

inlawbiker's gear list:inlawbiker's gear list
Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow