Is there a way to read the numerical info of the jpeg white balance in order to copy it onto the raw

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bo
Bo
Regular MemberPosts: 155
Like?
Is there a way to read the numerical info of the jpeg white balance in order to copy it onto the raw
5 months ago

I always shoot in RAW + jpeg format. Many times the jpeg will work fine and I still have the RAW if I want to take the time to finisse things a bit more.

But sometimes the jpeg stumbles on a white balance that works well for a particular image. If I want to apply that same balance to the RAW version, I would like to be able to read what that color balance setting (in Kelvin degrees I assume) is so I can copy it.

Is there a way to find that info somewhere? The exif will only give you the name of the setting (Flash, Auto, Cloudy, whatever...) but not the numerical info needed to apply it in Aperture's White balance brick.

I checked in View NX 2 but did not immediately find it.  I do not have Capture NX.

I shoot with a D600.

Thanks very much for any info!

Bo

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow